This was presented at South Florida Code Camp 2016.
You can find the code from the demo here: https://github.com/joescars/SFCCASPCoreDemo
In this presentation I walk you through how to get started with ASP.NET Core 1.0. We focus on the cloud and cross platform story.
I walk you through the following:
- High level overview of ASP.NET Core
- How to install ASP.NET Core
- Creating an ASP.NET Core project in Visual Studio
- Project structure and overview
- Local debugging and building
- Pushing the website to Azure using local Git repository
We then switch over to the MAC and continue with the following
- How to install and configure ASP.NET core and Visual Studio Code on the MAC
- Pulling the project down to MAC via Git
- Editing the project in Visual Studio Code
- Building the project and running locally using Kestrel Web server
- Pushing the updates back up to Azure using Git